[ Reuters | Slashdot | BBC News ]
[ Image Archive ]
BBC News - Home
The prime minister calls on politicians to "put self-interest aside" and deliver on the referendum.
- Kenya attack: 21 confirmed dead in DusitD2 hotel siege
Gunmen killed 21 people during a harrowing 19-hour siege in Nairobi, President Kenyatta says.
- Syria war: 'IS suicide bomber' kills US troops in Manbij
Civilians also die in an apparent suicide bombing in the Kurdish-held northern town of Manbij.
- Larry Nassar case: University head John Engler 'set to resign'
The head of Michigan State University is set to resign over remarks on the Larry Nassar abuse scandal.
- Putin warns West on Balkans as Serbia prepares lavish welcome
As Russia's president heads to Belgrade he accuses Western countries of "destabilising" the Balkans.
- The 'perfect 10' gym routine with 60m views
US college gymnast Katelyn Ohashi's floor routine became a viral hit and has had more than 60 million views in four days.
- Monika Billen: German tourist found dead in Australian outback
German woman Monika Billen was last seen alive two weeks ago near Alice Springs.
- Domino's Pizza app must be accessible to blind people
A blind man had complained that he was unable to change toppings or complete his order online.
- Vice-president's wife Karen Pence to teach at anti-LGBT school
The second lady will teach art at a Christian school that bans gay employees, students and parents.
- Enes Kanter: Turkey seeks arrest of New York Knicks star - media
The New York Knicks' Enes Kanter is accused of having links with armed groups, a claim he denies.
- Goldman boss apologises for 1MDB scandal
The bank's new chief executive David Solomon also distances the bank from the deal.
- Kisenosato, Japan's last remaining sumo champion, retires
Kisenosato Yutaka's career has been marred by injuries since he became a grand champion in 2017.
- Democrats ask Trump to delay State of the Union speech
Speaker Nancy Pelosi suggests Mr Trump submit his annual address in writing instead.
- DR Congo: Nearly 900 killed in ethnic clashes last month, UN says
Ethnic violence took place in four western villages over three days last month, the UN says.
- What could happen next?
Theresa May has won a no confidence vote in her government. But with her Brexit plan defeated, what now?
- Brexit vote: Donald Tusk hints UK should stay in EU
The European Council president sends a cryptic tweet after Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected.
- Alternative ways to break Brexit deadlock
Cancel Brexit, hand the decision to backbenchers or members of the public - or get the Queen involved?
- WTO rules: What happens if there's a no-deal Brexit?
Could the UK maintain an open border with Ireland if there is no deal, asks BBC News NI's John Campbell.
- Brexit: Does Brussels blink?
How has Brussels dealt with political complications in the past?
- David Cameron: I don't regret calling referendum
Former UK Prime Minister David Cameron says he backs Theresa May's efforts to secure a Brexit deal with the EU, but insists he does not regret calling the referendum.
- Brexit vote: European 'surprise' at scale of defeat
European media react with surprise to the scale of Theresa May's Commons defeat.
- What just happened? And what comes next?
The UK prime minister's Brexit deal has been rejected by parliament. Let's break down what it means.
- Bauhaus in pictures: The architects exiled by Nazis
The Bauhaus's radical approach to building design can be seen around the world.
- In pictures: Cairo turns orange as sandstorm sweeps Egypt
Strong winds bring thick dust to the Egyptian capital, forcing people to find cover.
- In pictures: The horsemen of Lagos beach
The young people who make a living from taking people for horse rides on Nigeria's beaches.