[ Reuters | Slashdot | BBC News ]
[ Image Archive ]
BBC News - Home
Lee, the brains behind Spider-Man, Black Panther and X-Men, has died in California, his family says.
- Stan Lee on how he created Spider-Man
The man behind many Marvel Comics superheroes explains how he came up with the iconic character.
- Brexit talks in endgame, says Theresa May
The PM says efforts are going on "through the night", but the negotiations are "immensely difficult".
- Israel-Gaza violence erupts after covert op killings
Gaza rocket barrage targets Israel, which responds with air strikes after militants die in covert op.
- California wildfires: Death toll reaches grim milestone
The death toll from one fire stands at 29, equalling the deadliest wildfire on record in the state.
- Call for UK ban on 'grotesquely sugary' freakshakes
Action on Sugar surveyed milkshakes on sale in the UK - one contained 39 teaspoons of sugar.
- Mid-term elections 2018: Trump calls for end of Florida recounts
Amid narrowing margins in Florida's senate and governor races, Donald Trump says recounts should end.
- Outcry after police shoot African-American security guard 'hero'
An armed private security guard was killed by police after he detained a gunman, witnesses say.
- Jamal Khashoggi murder: Canadian intelligence 'has heard tape'
Canada's prime minister says it has listened to a purported recording of the Saudi writer's killing.
- Aung San Suu Kyi: Amnesty strips Myanmar leader of top prize
The group says it is profoundly dismayed by the former icon's lack of action on the Rohingya crisis.
- Stolen dog found in Bangor 300 miles from London home
The Pomeranian's owner had given up hope of ever finding her after she was taken more than a year ago.
- Apple iPhone sales fears rock Wall Street
The tech giant's share price fall has wiped more than $40bn off its market value.
- Spain Catalonia: Separatists ordered to repay ballot costs
A court orders former Catalan leader Artur Mas to repay the ?4.9m costs of an illegal vote in 2014.
- French mother tried for hiding baby in car boot
A French woman has gone on trial accused of harming the child she kept in the boot of her car.
- Asia Bibi: Canada in talks with Pakistan over asylum
Canada is one of several nations that has offered the Pakistani Christian woman potential asylum.
- Tanzania's Magufuli deploys military amid cashew nut crisis
President John Magufuli ordered officers to buy the crop from farmers at government-approved prices.
- Can attitudes towards body hair be sexist for both men and women?
Frankie McCamley looks at the psychology, the history and the popular culture around people with body hair.
- California wildfires: 'I saw cars become metal and bones'
Hundreds of thousands of people have fled wildfires in California - here are some of their stories
- In pictures: The animals caught in California's wildfires
Deadly blazes are unleashing destruction across California, forcing thousands to evacuate their homes.
- Toy Story 4 first trailer reveals new character - meet Forky
Woody and Buzz are back in the first Toy Story 4 trailer, alongside a spork having an identity crisis.
- Comedian Dave Chappelle photobombs engagement shoot
Comedian Dave Chappelle photobombs a young, American couple's engagement photoshoot.
- These coins stopped a bullet and saved a soldier's life
These coins both endangered and saved Optatius Buyssens's life, as he fought as a soldier during World War One
- Mourning dog waits for 80 days in road where owner died
A video which shows the dog waiting in the middle of the busy road has 1.4 million views.
- Emile Ratelband asks court to declare him legally younger
Emile Ratelband from the Netherlands claims his doctor says he has the body of a much younger man.
- Stan Lee obituary: The genius of the superhero creator
Stan Lee was the man responsible for a string of comic superheroes that have become household names.