[ Reuters | Slashdot | BBC News ]
[ Image Archive ]
BBC News - Home
China's president tells a high-level meeting that the country faces a "grave situation".
- Impeachment: Democrats undoing 2016 election, say Trump lawyers
Lawyers start their defence of the US president at the impeachment trial in the Senate.
- Boeing 777X: World?s largest twin-engine jet completes first flight
The 777X test flight comes after Boeing's 737 Max plane was grounded following two fatal crashes.
- Three women who were part of a quiet resistance against the Nazis in Berlin
The three were part of a quiet resistance against the Nazis in Second World War Berlin.
- Grammys 2020: Seven things to watch out for - and how to watch the ceremony
The key facts for Sunday's show - from BTS and Lil Nas X to the controversy over vote-rigging.
- Peru Congress vote: Election follows September dissolution
The poll comes almost four months after the president dissolved the body, accusing it of obstruction.
- Thai officials accidentally auction off car loaded with amphetamine
Thailand's anti-drugs chief apologises after 94,000 pills are found in a car sold at a police auction.
- Arizona man dresses up skeleton to drive in HOV lane
Officials say the man dressed the skeleton in a camouflage hat to try to disguise it as a passenger.
- Oxford professor given protection following threats from trans activists
Oxford academic Selina Todd was given protection after threats from transgender rights activists.
- Iran executes 'Crocodile of the Gulf' drug kingpin
The Gulf state executes an international drug dealer it caught smuggling 100 tonnes of drugs.
- Turkey earthquake: At least 29 dead as buildings collapse
Search efforts continue for people trapped under collapsed buildings as the death toll rises to 29.
- Madonna Madame X tour: Star cancels first London show
The star says she has been "plagued" by injuries since the start of her tour and has been told to rest.
- Brexit: US 'wants to reach trade deal with UK this year'
The US's treasury secretary says he is "optimistic" a deal can be reached with the UK this year.
- Wood gives England control of South Africa Test
Mark Wood stars with bat and ball to give England complete control of the fourth Test against South Africa on a superbly entertaining second day in Johannesburg.
- 'I design shoes for Cristiano Ronaldo, the Beckhams and Justin Timberlake'
"Kickasso" makes a special shoe for Juventus' Cristiano Ronaldo and explains how he designed footwear for David Beckham's son, Ashley Cole, Justin Timberlake and Odell Beckham Jr.
- Your pictures on the theme of 'framed'
Each week, we publish a gallery of readers' pictures on a set theme. This week it is "framed".
- Real-life Rapunzel and other stories you may have missed
A few of the stories you may have missed this week.
- Avalanche survivors in Pakistan-administered Kashmir tell of horror
Journalist Sajid Mir trekked for hours to reach villagers cut off in Pakistan-administered Kashmir.
- Nigeria: Discovering Lagos nightlife by danfo
Danfo is a way for party-goers to reach the city?s hot spots in an affordable way.
- Sky Brown: Skating towards Tokyo 2020 Olympics
Sky Brown has set her sights on competing in the Tokyo Olympics in 2020, where she'd be Britain's youngest ever summer Olympian.
- Hannah: the body positive quadruple amputee
Hannah shares her life on social media to encourage self-confidence.
- A murder mystery, the PM and his estranged wife
Lesotho's prime minister and his wife are caught up in an investigation into the death of his former partner.
- The tiger ?gift? that horrified Polish rescuers
Tigers recovering from a nightmare journey could have ended up as Asian ?medicine?
- Billy Cooper, the Barmy Army's trumpet player, to retire
Billy Cooper, the Barmy Army's trumpet player, will retire after England's current tour of South Africa.
- Still seeking answers a year after Brazil dam collapse
One year on from the dam collapse at Brazil's Corrego do Feijao mine, many are still seeking answers.