[ Reuters | Slashdot | BBC News ]
[ Image Archive ]
BBC News - Home
The couple appeared in court after prosecutors detailed the horrific abuse allegations against them.
- Cancer blood test ?enormously exciting?
Scientists move nearer to one of the biggest goals in medicine - a universal blood test for cancer.
- US government shutdown: House backs funding bill and sends it to Senate
A bill to temporarily fund the US government must now be backed by the Senate to avert a shutdown.
- Jacinda Ardern: New Zealand PM reveals she is pregnant
Jacinda Ardern, who took office in October, jokes that she "thought 2017 was a big year".
- Fishermen escape crash by split-second
Watch how fishermen in Oregon react as a boat speeds straight towards them.
- Deadly storm Friederike causes Dutch and German transport chaos
A fierce storm sweeping across northern Europe kills eight people and halts Dutch and German trains.
- 'Shaking' Malaysia Airlines flight turns back to Australia
Malaysia Airlines says the jet experienced a "technical" issue on its way to Kuala Lumpur.
- Ukraine crisis: Kiev defines Russia as 'aggressor' state
Ukrainian MPs pass a law defining areas seized by separatists as temporarily occupied by Russia.
- Pope Francis arrives in crisis-hit Peru
Peru has been rocked by protests against the authorities' decision to pardon ex-President Fujimori.
- Last three years 'hottest on record'
Even with no natural climate boost, last year was the second or third hottest on record.
- Zimbabwe opposition figure Roy Bennett dies in US helicopter crash
Roy Bennett, a farmer who became a thorn in the side of Robert Mugabe, is killed alongside his wife.
- Calais migrants: UK and France sign new treaty
But French president indicates he will not bow to demands to include financial services in Brexit deal.
- Popemobile causes horse to throw police officer in Chile
The vehicle swerved to avoid hitting the police officer, when her horse reared up in the air.
- US police arrest two boys after vandalism killed 500k bees
They are accused of vandalising hives at an US honey business, causing the bees to freeze to death.
- London is lit up by Lumiere festival
The four-night festival is illuminating landmarks across the city.
- Australia's Channel 9 news promo looks like BBC's version
Channel 9's promo for its Today show was copied, at moments, word for word from the BBC's promo video.
- Cosmetic firms 'need to do more for women of colour'
Beauty blogger Jackie Aina wants the cosmetic industry to do more for women of colour.
- What do children draw when asked about their future jobs?
A survey of thousands of young people across the world reveal what influences their career aspirations.
- Plane that skidded off Turkey runway recovered
All 168 passengers and crew survived when it slid down a cliff overlooking the Black Sea in Turkey.
- Africa's week in pictures: 12 - 18 January 2018
A selection of the best photos from across Africa this week.
- Swimmers rescued by drone 'in world first'
Lifeguards were being trained how to use the drone when the drama unfolded in what's being called a world first rescue.
- How an 'ice jam' caused river to burst banks in minutes
Timelapse footage shows how a partially frozen New York river rose dramatically during a cold snap.
- How to survive in Moscow without sunshine
Moscow endured a December without sunshine - Oleg Boldyrev describes a hundred shades of grey.
- North Korean skiers dream of Paralympic success
Two novice skiers are set to represent their country for the first time at the Winter Paralympics.
- Do Trump's 'business conflicts' still matter?
What happened to worries about President Trump's potential conflicts of interest?