[ Reuters | Slashdot | BBC News ]
[ Image Archive ]
BBC News - Home
The number of cases has doubled in less than a week, according to the latest figures.
- A visual guide to the outbreak
Key charts explaining how the respiratory virus has spread and how it is being dealt with.
- Coronavirus: US jobless claims hit 6.6 million as virus spreads
More than 6.6 million Americans filed for unemployment last week as the coronavirus spreads.
- Coronavirus: More than 10,000 lives lost in Spain
Both Spain and the US also announced huge spikes in the number of jobless on Thursday.
- British Airways expected to suspend 36,000 staff
The airline will temporarily suspend more than 30,000 of its workers after reaching a deal with unions.
- Daniel Pearl: Pakistan overturns convicted man's death sentence
British-born Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh was convicted of beheading Daniel Pearl in 2002.
- Coronavirus: Expert panel to assess face mask use by public
Experts are set to assess the value of face masks in helping slow the spread of coronavirus.
- Coronavirus: More health myths to ignore
Lemon juice and other misleading health advice being shared online.
- ?Deep concern? over coronavirus emergency powers
Hungary?s Prime Minister Viktor Orban took sweeping new powers to fight the virus on Monday.
- EU court rules against three states over refugees
Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic broke EU law by rejecting refugees, the top EU court says.
- Shenzhen becomes first Chinese city to ban eating cats and dogs
The ruling is a tougher version of China's ban of wildlife meat, after it was linked to the virus.
- Zoom boss apologises for security issues and promises fixes
The firm will freeze all new feature development to concentrate on fixing security and privacy issues.
- Adam Schlesinger: Stacy?s Mom songwriter dies aged 52 with coronavirus
Tom Hanks and Mark Ronson are among those paying tribute to the late Grammy-winner Adam Schlesinger.
- The man who grew his own Amazon rainforest
Fighting back against destruction in the Amazon: how one man grew a rainforest of his own.
- Coronavirus: Photos show deserted lockdown locations at high noon
Photographers around the world have taken pictures showing lockdown locations with a running theme.
- Coronavirus: How news is made while there are restrictions
The pandemic has led to new challenges for broadcasting and newsgathering. Amol Rajan looks at some of the changes.
- Coronavirus: How China's using surveillance to tackle outbreak
China is using its high tech system to tackle the outbreak, but is the state interference justified?
- Coronavirus: How can you stop the spread of misinformation?
Think before you share and check the source are among the tips the public is being urged to adopt.
- Coronavirus: When 76 strangers sang happy birthday to a neighbour
A woman surprised her fiancÚ for his birthday by organising a mass sing-along in their apartment building.
- Coronavirus: Mandatory quarantine in a five-star Sydney hotel
Australians who return from overseas are now required to spend 14 days in quarantine in hotels.
- Coronavirus: US death rates v China, Italy and South Korea
The US has seen its virus cases spike dramatically and these graphs show what could be in store.
- Coronavirus: Protecting yourself in a migrant camp
The often unsanitary conditions in refugee and migrant camps, like this one on Lesbos, pose a challenge for residents trying to avoid coronavirus.
- Coronavirus: Field hospitals treating patients around world
As the number of cases globally soars, many countries build temporary hospitals for patients.
- Coronavirus: Air India pilots 'at risk of infection' on rescue flights
Air India pilots say the airline is not adhering to safety protocol on coronavirus rescue flights.
- Will coronavirus reverse globalisation?
Could Covid-19 permanently change how the global economy works?