[ Reuters | Slashdot | BBC News ]
[ Image Archive ]
BBC News - Home
The 36 men, women and children were held by IS in Iraq for nearly three years.
- Gem TV: Iranian CEO Saeed Karimian shot dead in Istanbul
Saeed Karimian, founder of Gem TV, had previously been tried in absentia by a Tehran court.
- Ueli Steck: Everest claims 'Swiss Machine' climber
"Swiss Machine" Ueli Steck dies in an accident while acclimatising for an attempt on a new route.
- Swiss 'spy' arrested in Frankfurt
The man is suspected of spying on German tax investigators who have bought CDs from Swiss banks.
- Fifa powerbroker Ahmad quits after claims
Fifa official Sheikh Ahmad Al-Fahad Al-Sabah resigns a day after denying claims linking him to a fraud case.
- Deadly tornado strikes Texas
Footage from Canton, east of Dallas, shows one of the tornadoes which have left five people dead.
- Donald Trump attacks US media at 100-day Pennsylvania rally
The president insists he is keeping his election pledges and dismisses criticism as "fake news".
- Nepal's first female chief justice faces impeachment
Sushila Karki has been suspended, amid a row over the ruling coalition's choice of police chief.
- North Korea crisis: Pope urges international mediation
Norway could be among the powers involved in resolving the nuclear stand-off, he suggests.
- Anthony Joshua: Tyson Fury says yes to all-British heavyweight title fight
Tyson Fury says "let's dance" in response to being called out by world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua.
- Trump invites Philippines' Duterte to the White House
The two leaders had a "very friendly" phone call, touching on a number of issues.
- Syria war: IS driven back in Tabqa, US-backed fighters say
US-backed Syrian fighters say they have taken six more districts in the city to the west of Raqqa.
- Non-O blood group 'linked to higher heart attack risk'
It may be because of higher levels of a blood-clotting protein in A, B and AB blood groups.
- Schoolboy given goggles to regain sight
Charlie, now eight, started losing his sight aged four, and has only been able to see close up until now.
- Motherhood in the time of Zika
Katie Falkenberg's photo feature on mothers caring for children damaged by the Zika virus in Brazil was a Pulitzer Prize finalist in 2017.
- White House Correspondents' dinner: Six takes from the event
Here's what Mr Trump missed by snubbing the White House press lobby's annual comedy roast.
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg joins Ohio family for surprise dinner
Mark Zuckerberg wins over an Ohio family after dropping in for dinner - at 15 minutes' notice.
- Happy news this week
White tiger cubs and a 101-year-old sprinter - check out this week's happiest stories.
- 105-year-old gets her birthday wish - at last
Mary Hayes' wish was granted after she had made the request for six years in a row at her care home.
- McCanns on missing child: 'That hope is still there'
The 10th anniversary of Madeleine McCann's disappearance will be one of the hardest days, her parents say.
- Your pictures: Canvas
Each week, we publish a gallery of readers' pictures on a set theme. This week it is "Canvas".
- Elon Musk's plan to beat the LA traffic
The US entrepreneur and Tesla-founder finds traffic "soul-destroying" - so he's come up with this.
- The 'cardinal's' tips on how to become a fashion king
'Cardinal' Ekoumany is the President of the Ivory Coast Sapeurs. Video produced by Daniel South
- Ayrton Senna: Keeping his brand and legacy alive
Twenty-three years after his tragic death, legendary F1 driver Ayrton Senna is still one of the most valuable brands in sport.
- EU's negotiation plan: Key points
Exactly what are the EU negotiators driving at with their guidelines on how to manage talks with the UK?