[ Reuters | Slashdot | BBC News ]
[ Image Archive ]
BBC News - Home
Despite disagreements, the new French president says his country could work with Russia more.
- Tiger Woods held on drink-driving charge in Florida
Golf star Tiger Woods was arrested on a drink-driving charge in Florida, police say.
- Moscow storm: 11 killed as high winds strike Russian capital
The storm could be the deadliest to hit the Russian capital in more than 100 years.
- German leaders step up attacks on Trump
The chancellor, her foreign minister and the opposition leader all criticise the US president.
- Manchester attacks: Police issue new bomber photo
Officers want to hear from anyone who might have seen Salman Abedi carrying the blue suitcase.
- Shark injures Australian fisherman on board boat
An Australian fisherman recounts the moment when a 200kg great white shark leapt into his boat.
- Portland attack: Donald Trump condemns killings
He was facing mounting criticism for his failure to condemn the killings on Friday.
- BA boss 'won't resign' over flight chaos
Chief executive Alex Cruz says flight disruption at Heathrow and Gatwick had nothing to do with cost cutting.
- Somalia's al-Shabab stones man to death for adultery
The man had two wives - but was found guilty by an Islamic court of adultery with a third woman.
- WannaCry ransom notice analysis suggests Chinese link
Researchers say the WannaCry ransom note was poorly translated - possibly using Google Translate.
- Texas legislators scuffle after Republican calls immigration agents
A Republican says Democrats threatened his life after he called immigration officers on protesters.
- Trudeau asks Pope Francis to apologise for schools
He wants an apology for the Church's role in a school system where indigenous children were abused.
- Hamerton Zoo evacuated after 'serious incident'
A zoo is evacuated following a "serious incident" but no animals have escaped, police confirm.
- Kenya election: Peter Gichira charged with attempted suicide
A Kenyan is charged with trying to take his life after his presidential ambitions were thwarted.
- Cheese-rolling veteran equals all-time record
Chris Anderson won all three men's races which means has taken home 20 double Gloucester cheeses in 13 years.
- The stolen childhoods of Kashmir in pencil and crayon
Artwork by children in the region depicts childhoods ruined by the violence of adults.
- JFK at 100: 'His life was not as glamorous as you think'
A new photo exhibit captures the dramatic rise and sudden passing of an American icon.
- Laughter, tears and monkey business at Cannes
The highlights and talking points as the French film festival draws to a close.
- Who has faced the Donald Trump handshake and won?
The US president's hand contact with world leaders has been closely watched.
- Kyrgyzstan president shows off his musical skills
And he's not the only leader with musical talents...
- Sachin Tendulkar, 'God of cricket', returns on celluloid
Sachin Tendulkar's film debut enthrals fans, but critics say it lacks depth.
- Game of Thrones star Jason Momoa performs Haka
Game of Thrones star Jason Momoa performs a Haka to support a New Zealand MMA fighter.
- In pictures: Shadowing the pilgrims on Mount Koya
Photographing the shrines along the route of a traditional Buddhist pilgrimage.
- Could subjects soon be a thing of the past in Finland?
Finland is an education success story, so is it right to move away from old-style lessons?
- The women accused of killing Kim Jong-nam
The women accused of killing Kim Jong-nam could face the death penalty, but who are they?