[ Reuters | Slashdot | BBC News ]
[ Image Archive ]
BBC News - Home
Mateusz Morawiecki clashes with EU leaders over a Polish court ruling that rejected parts of EU law.
- North Korea fires suspected submarine-launched missile into waters off Japan
It is thought to have been a submarine-launched ballistic missile which are harder to detect.
- Malala Yousafzai urges Taliban to allow girls' education
The Nobel Prize laureate Malala Yousafzai says the Taliban must announce that girls can go to school.
- Diver finds 900-year-old crusader sword off Israel's coast
The blade, which is encrusted with marine organisms, is believed to be about 900 years old.
- Nick Rolovich: Washington State football coach fired for refusing Covid vaccine
College football coach Nick Rolovich loses his $3.1m-a-year job for shirking a state vaccine mandate.
- Covid: Why are UK cases so high?
The UK has higher infections than most of its neighbours, as scientists fear a difficult winter.
- Russia bans male group for online hate
Russia bans a group called Male State which hounded women and gay people online.
- Cleo Smith: 'Grave concerns' for Australian girl missing from beach campsite
Police have "grave concerns" for four-year-old Cleo Smith, after she vanished from her family's tent.
- Apple unveils new computer chips amid shortage
The new M1 Pro and M1 Max chips expand the firm's use of silicon it has designed.
- Tributes pour in for 'trailblazer' Colin Powell
The ex-US secretary of state, the first African-American in that role, dies of Covid complications.
- Haiti kidnappers 'demand $17m' for missionaries
The missionaries from the US and Canada were seized as they were returning from an orphanage.
- Kanye West officially changes his name to Ye
The rapper's name has been officially changed after a request to a Los Angeles court.
- Wiggles: First female cast member Emma Watkins leaves group
Watkins, who became the first female Wiggle, wants to devote time to family and studies.
- ?Puppy trade is the new drugs?
A new investigation by BBC Spotlight sheds light on an illegal multi-million pound puppy trade.
- Fabindia: Row after clothing firm's ad called 'anti-Hindu'
Fabindia deleted the ad for its new festive collection after a severe backlash on social media.
- Uttarakhand floods: Dramatic rescue of car passengers trapped in floods
Officials used cranes to pull the car and its occupants to safety in India's Uttarakhand state.
- Flying Doctors take jabs to Australia's outback
The famed service is helping solve the immense challenge of vaccinating remote Australia.
- 'Heaviest' kidneys removed in high-risk operation
Warren Higgs speaks before and after having his kidneys, which weighed more than five stone (35kg), removed.
- Greta Thunberg sings Rick Astley hit at climate concert
Greta Thunberg sings Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" to launch series of climate concerts.
- Afghan girls are ?left in darkness? by the Taliban
BBC correspondent Yogita Limaye in Kabul asks the Taliban when girls can go back to school.
- Has Covid changed New York City nightlife forever?
A photographer is confronted with the new reality of empty streets and closed clubs.
- Israel: Hundreds strip naked by the Dead Sea
Hundreds of people stripped naked by the Dead Sea in Israel to highlight environmental changes.
- The shortages hitting countries around the world
People and businesses across the world are facing shortages of everything from coal to coffee.
- Eric Zemmour: Far-right journalist cast as Macron election rival
Eric Zemmour - tipped to run for the French presidency - is rebranding far-right nationalism.
- The battle to make lighter life-saving body armour
New materials are making body armour lighter but nanotechnology could provide a breakthrough.