[ Reuters | Slashdot | BBC News ]
[ Image Archive ]
BBC News - Home
The coronavirus aid bill passes despite total Republican opposition, but must now go to the Senate.
- Jamal Khashoggi: US says Saudi prince approved Khashoggi killing
An official report says Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman approved the journalist's murder.
- Lady Gaga's dogs found safe after armed robbery
The US singer's two French bulldogs were stolen after gunmen attacked and wounded her dog walker.
- Tiger Woods car crash: Golfer 'in good spirits' after latest treatment
The golfer received successful "follow-up procedures" following Tuesday's serious car crash in LA.
- Texas sea turtles released back into sea after cold front eases
Thousands of "cold-stunned" turtles were rescued as temperatures dropped to record lows this month.
- BTS: Radio host apologises for comparing band to Covid
The German radio host made the comments while talking about the band's cover of a Coldplay song.
- Climate change: Carbon emission promises 'put Earth on red alert'
Nations' current carbon-cutting plans will not keep global temperature rise below 1.5C, the UN says.
- Texas weather: Biden visits state amid recovery from deadly cold snap
Texas has been devastated by cold weather and power outages which left millions without water access.
- Nigeria's Zamfara school abduction: More than 300 Nigerian girls missing
Nigeria's president warns the kidnappers that his government will not give in to blackmail.
- Mary Robinson 'made a big mistake' over Dubai princess
Princess Latifa Al Maktoum was previously described as "troubled" by the former Irish president.
- Haiti prison escape: Hundreds of inmates flee from Croix-des-Bouquets jail
The prison's director is among 25 people killed in the mass escape near the capital, Port-au-Prince.
- 'We salute you': A poem for Captain Sir Tom Moore
Four young performers pay tribute to the 100-year-old veteran, who raised almost £33m for NHS charities.
- Selena Gomez: 'Disrespectful' transplant image prompts Chinese TV apology
Variety show edits photo of US pop star Selena Gomez taken after her kidney transplant surgery.
- Hundreds of students evacuated over WW2 bomb
Royal Navy bomb disposal specialists are dealing with a 2.5m (8ft) device.
- Golden Globes: Celebrity make-up artists on their job in the pandemic
Hollywood make-up artists on their experiences of working in the time of Covid-19.
- John F Kennedy: When the US president met Africa's independence heroes
A photo archive reveals John F Kennedy's efforts to court African leaders in the post-colonial era.
- Ros Atkins on... Is Facebook too powerful?
Ros Atkins looks at the consequences of Facebook's power on events in Myanmar, Washington DC and Australia.
- Week in pictures: 20-26 February 2021
A selection of striking images taken around the world this week.
- Prince Harry on life in California and what he thinks about The Crown
What Harry thinks of The Crown, what the Queen got Archie for Christmas, and other key information.
- Mother drops children from window to escape Istanbul apartment fire
The four children were all caught by volunteers holding a blanket on the street in Istanbul.
- Huge iceberg breaks from Antarctica near UK base
The berg covers 1,270 sq km - nearly 490 square miles - but its break-off was expected.
- China celebrates colourful Lantern Festival
Villages and cities become a sea of bright light to mark the end of Chinese New Year celebrations.
- Fijian rugby league players sing tribute to Sydney quarantine staff
The rugby league players performed a song from their balconies in hotel quarantine in Australia.
- Covid-19: US high school band students rehearse in individual bubbles
Wenatchee High School in Washington state found a creative way for their band students to practise safely.
- Lady Gaga's dog-walker shot and bulldogs stolen
The star is offering a reward for the safe return of her French bulldogs Koji and Gustav.