[ Reuters | Slashdot | BBC News ]
[ Image Archive ]
BBC News - Home
The US president condemns "rogue nations" in his debut speech to the UN General Assembly.
- Hurricane Maria regains strength after battering Dominica
Maria weakened after pounding the island of Dominica but is now back to category five strength.
- FBI wiretapped Trump campaign chief Paul Manafort - reports
Paul Manafort's home was raided by agents probing Russian influence on the US election
- BBC reporter tries to question Aung San Suu Kyi over Rohingya crisis
The BBC's Jonah Fisher tries to question Aung San Suu Kyi over Rohingya crisis.
- Powerful quake hits southern Mexico
The tremor rattled buildings in the capital, Mexico City, and led to the evacuation of buildings.
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
The UB-II type submarine is said to be in good condition and the crew's bodies may still be on board.
- Toys 'R' Us files for bankruptcy protection in US
The once dominant toy retailer has struggled against larger rivals such as Amazon and Walmart.
- Some Auckland petrol stations run out of fuel after burst pipe
Flights have also been cancelled after a damaged pipeline disrupted supplies to the city.
- Daca: Nancy Pelosi heckled as 'liar' in Dreamers protest
The Democrat is heckled by protesters taking issue with her recent talks with President Trump over immigration.
- Kalashnikov inventor gets statue in Russia
A new monument is unveiled of the world famous rifle's late creator in Moscow.
- Paris climate aim 'still achievable'
The ambitious goal of limiting global warming to 1.5C is still within reach, a study indicates.
- David Maraga hits back at 'threats' over Kenya election re-run
The chief justice is defiant amid violent protests and criticism after he annulled last month's poll.
- Melania Trump in legal row with English-language school
Lawyers for Melania Trump say a language school in Croatia used her image in an ad without consent.
- 'We're not bridesmaids,' insist identically dressed guests
Six friends could only see the funny side when they turned up to a wedding in identical outfits
- Elisabeth Moss had a secret message 'to the patriarchy' in her Emmys outfit
The Handmaid's Tale actress had a hidden message "to the patriarchy" on her shoes.
- 'It's OK to make mayonnaise while on your period'
No more myths: Lahatra, a scoutmaster and science teacher, tells boys the truth about periods.
- Hurricane Maria: Dominica PM records storm's fury live on Facebook
Roosevelt Skerrit gave the outside world a glimpse of the terror brought by Hurricane Maria.
- Scotland's oldest snow patch expected to melt
Known as the Sphinx, the patch of snow is thought to have melted only six times in the last 300 years.
- How to make sushi from methane gas
A company has developed a futuristic animal food in a way that is less harmful for the planet.
- Integrating migrants via musical theatre in Germany
Refugee teens are performing with Germans in a musical to help them integrate into their new country.
- Food in a fragile world
Helping communities feed themselves during political and environmental instability.
- Fashion at the Emmys
We check out the best-dressed stars at this year's Emmy TV Awards.
- Rohingya crisis: Are Suu Kyi's Rohingya claims correct?
Claims by Myanmar's de facto leader are checked by the BBC's correspondent, who has covered the crisis from both sides of the border.
- The world's least likely Girl Guides
During six years of war, these Girl Guides have kept learning to camp, sing songs and change tyres.
- 'We survived Irma but don't have money for food'
Miami dodged much of Irma's wrath but the aftermath of the storm has been devastating for the city's poor.