[ Reuters | Slashdot | BBC News ]
[ Image Archive ]
BBC News - Home
Minnesota fully mobilises the National Guard as it and other US cities prepare for more unrest.
- Killer Mike: Do not burn your own house down
Rapper Killer Mike delivers an impassioned plea to protesters in Atlanta, after clashes over the killing of George Floyd.
- Coronavirus: India to loosen lockdown despite record cases
A plan to ease the world's biggest lockdown begins on 8 June with restaurants and malls re-opening.
- Coronavirus: Belgian Prince Joachim tests positive after lockdown party
Spanish police are investigating whether a party attended by Prince Joachim breached lockdown rules.
- Coronavirus: Backlash after Trump signals US exit from WHO
The president is urged to reconsider, after accusing the health body of being a "puppet of China".
- World's largest all-electric plane takes flight
An historic day for the aviation industry as the world's largest all-electric plane takes flight.
- Risk in UK lockdown easing too soon, warn scientists
Lifting restrictions is "risky", warn experts, who want a fully working test and trace system first.
- Kylie Jenner: Forbes drops celebrity from billionaire list
The magazine says the Kardashian family misled the press about the value of Jenner's makeup business.
- Trump targets China over Hong Kong security law
Donald Trump says he will end Hong Kong's special status with the US over China's new security law.
- Microsoft 'to replace journalists with robots'
Dozens working on the MSN site look set to be replaced by AI, media reports say.
- UK furlough scheme to finish at end of October
Chancellor Rishi Sunak says employers must start sharing the cost of the scheme from August.
- Coronavirus: Italy's Tower of Pisa reopens after three months shut
Only 15 at a time will be allowed up the tourist attraction, and they will have to wear masks.
- George Floyd death: Unrest spreads across US
Images from protests and violence as anger over the death of black man George Floyd increases.
- Coronavirus: Belgian zoo comes back to life from lockdown
After two months without visitors, Pairi Daiza is welcoming the public back, but in smaller numbers.
- Before and after UK lockdown... from the skies
Aerial shots show how the coronavirus pandemic changed the way we use public spaces.
- Remi Wolf on how she makes music videos in lockdown
How rising star Remi Wolf made the promotional video for her new track in the middle of the pandemic.
- What is it like being at school in South Korea?
Strict safety measures are in place, but more than 200 schools have been forced to close just days after they re-opened.
- Week in pictures
A selection of news photographs taken around the world this week.
- When Covid-19 hit, zookeeper Caitlin Henderson ended up in lockdown with 70 spiders
When Covid-19 hit, zookeeper Caitlin Henderson ended up in lockdown with 70 spiders.
- Coronavirus: 'I built a memorial to my grandfather on Animal Crossing'
One young woman used popular game Animal Crossing for her family tradition of Bai San.
- Coronavirus: How the virus is hitting some harder than others
The BBC?s Clive Myrie meets black and minority ethnic hospital staff and sees the impact the virus is having beyond the ward.
- World's deepest octopus captured on camera
A "Dumbo" octopus is photographed at a depth of 7,000m in the Indian Ocean's Java Trench.
- China-India border: Why tensions are rising between the neighbours
Tensions in the Himalaya have the potential to escalate as they pursue their strategic goals.
- George Floyd death: Why has a US city gone up in flames?
Tensions in Minneapolis did not start with the death of George Floyd. They've been years in the making.
- Akinwumi Adesina: Why the US is targeting a flamboyant Nigerian banker
The US pushes for new inquiry into allegations of corruption against the African Development Bank boss.