[ Reuters | Slashdot | BBC News ]
[ Image Archive ]
BBC News - Home
Turkish officials believe the Saudi journalist's body may have been disposed of outside Istanbul.
- Vote delayed after police chief murdered
Voting in the Afghan province is delayed after the Taliban shoot dead a powerful police chief.
- Meng Hongwei: Former Interpol chief's wife 'not sure he's alive'
Grace Meng says "cruel" China is persecuting him ? and that she's now a target ? in her first UK media interview.
- Royal tour: Harry and Meghan kick off their shoes on Bondi Beach
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex kick off their shoes during an official visit to the Sydney landmark.
- Tina Turner from hardship to happiness
As she approaches 80, the legendary singer Tina Turner speaks about fame, love and happiness.
- China's third quarter growth misses expectations at 6.5%
Growth in the world's second-largest economy cooled as Beijing battles rising financial threats.
- Radical preacher Anjem Choudary released in UK
The cleric is let out of prison after being jailed in 2016 for inviting support for the Islamic State group.
- May faces backlash over post-Brexit plan
Foreign secretary urges his party to get behind Theresa May, to maximise her negotiating leverage.
- Migrant caravan: Mexico sends police to southern border
The move follows President Trump's threat to close the US-Mexico border and cut aid.
- Mercury: Learning from the strangest planet
The first European mission to explore Mercury will begin Saturday: What could it teach us?
- Cannabis in Canada: Shortages, fines and Girl Guide cookies
Elation is mixed with disappointment, as retailers quickly sell out and turn away customers.
- Baby joins the All 50 States Club
Harper is now the youngest person ever to visit all 50 states of the US.
- Keira Knightley bans daughter from watching some Disney films
The actress told Ellen DeGeneres she bans Cinderella and The Little Mermaid due to their portrayal of women.
- Colin Kaepernick: Rihanna 'declined Super Bowl invitation in support of quarterback'
The NFL refuses to comment on reports that Barbadian singer Rihanna declined an invitation to headline the Super Bowl half-time show in support of Colin Kaepernick.
- Jamal Khashoggi: Who's who in alleged Saudi 'hit squad'
Turkish police fear 15 Saudis who flew to Istanbul on 2 October may have murdered Jamal Khashoggi.
- Hurricane Michael: Returning to a city that no longer exists
Families from Mexico Beach are returning to homes destroyed by Hurricane Michael - or nothing at all.
- Why is this African village letting mosquitoes in?
The genetically modified insects are part of a project which aims to tackle malaria in Africa.
- Beer-drinking lion's trip to a Northamptonshire pub
Video from 1959 shows the day a zookeeper took a lion to a village pub, scaring the customers.
- Quiz of the Week: What baby present was 'awesome'?
It's the weekly news quiz - have you been paying attention to what's been going on in the world during the past seven days?
- Africa's week in pictures: 12 - 18 October 2018
A selection of the best photos from across Africa this week.
- Nigerian amputee football team captain on how the sport changed his life
Emmanuel Ibeawuchi is captain of Nigeria's amputee national team, hoping to compete at the World Cup.
- In pictures: 'Eye of Istanbul' photographer Ara Guler dies at 90
The famous photojournalist chronicled the changing face of Turkey and photographed many celebrities.
- Add oil: Encouraging Chinese phrase enters English dictionary
Why you might start using this Chinese expression if you want to encourage someone.
- Banksy: How Love is in the Bin's shredding did not go to plan
The artist confirms the canvas was supposed to shred in full, not just partially.
- Afghanistan election: What's at stake in the parliament vote?
Afghans are set to defy threats, insecurity and fears over fraud as they vote in a new parliament.