[ Reuters | Slashdot | BBC News ]
[ Image Archive ]
BBC News - Home
Shamima Begum, who joined the Islamic State group in Syria in 2015, had said she wanted to return home.
- Karl Lagerfeld: Five things you need to know
Here are five things you might not know about the iconic fashion designer.
- Thousands protest against anti-Semitism in France
Around 70 demonstrations took place across France against a spate of anti-Semitic attacks.
- Crans-Montana: Rescuers hunt for skiers in Swiss avalanche
At least four people have been hurt and more may still be missing in Crans-Montana, police say.
- House launches probe of US nuclear plan in Saudi Arabia
A government report says the US is rushing to transfer sensitive nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia.
- Statue of WW2 kiss vandalised after US sailor's death
A statue depicting the famous kiss between a US sailor and a nurse at the end of World War Two has been defaced with '#MeToo'.
- Bernie Sanders announces second US presidential bid
The 77-year-old senator and self-declared socialist announces a second bid for the White House.
- Police confirm seven children dead in a house fire in Halifax
The seven children and their parents had arrived in Canada in 2017 as Syrian refugees.
- Alabama newspaper editor calls on KKK to lynch Democrats
The editor said the Ku Klux Klan should lynch "socialist-communist" Democrats and raid Washington DC.
- EU blasts Hungary 'fake news' on migrants
The EU Commission condemns Hungary's right-wing government over a new poster campaign.
- Eighth UK MP quits Labour
Joan Ryan says she cannot remain in a party with a "culture of anti-Jewish racism".
- New York City bans hair discrimination to fight racism
The guidance gives black people the right to wear hairstyles previously deemed "unprofessional".
- Sixteen rescued from broken gondola ride
Firefighters have rescued 16 people trapped in gondolas at SeaWorld in San Diego.
- Liverpool 0-0 Bayern Munich: Hosts frustrated in Champions League
Liverpool's Champions League last-16 tie against Bayern Munich remains finely poised after a goalless draw in the first leg at Anfield.
- Heartfelt thanks for VHS player makes thousands cry
An 86-year-old's thank you note, shared on social media, spurs similar stories of kindness
- Poppy farms: How the global opioid crisis is biting Australia
About half the world's legal poppy straw comes from Tasmania, but demand for it is weakening.
- Karl Lagerfeld: The life of a design icon in pictures
German fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld has died at the age of 85.
- Alysa Liu: 'I?m the youngest lady to land a triple axel'
Thirteen-year-old Alysa Liu is the youngest ever US women's national figure skating champion.
- Paras and Royal Anglians in Afghanistan as Nato bodyguards
Hundreds of East Anglian troops are back in the country, five years after UK forces pulled out.
- Hollywood hitmaker's fight for an Oscar
I'll Fight, a song written for documentary RBG, is Diane Warren's tenth Oscar nominated song.
- WWE: Chyna Hall of Fame induction announcement divides fans
Professional wrestling fans split over the announcement to induct Chyna into the WWE Hall of Fame.
- Meet the women helping fill Russia's rural healthcare gap
After the closure of thousands of clinics in rural Russia, one region has taken matters into its own hands.
- Dolly Parton: Women 'making great progress'
The singer say she is encouraged by improvements in gender equality but there's "still work to be done".
- Zara advert gets China asking: Are freckles beautiful?
An advert for Zara has sparked a row over whether freckles "uglify" Chinese people.
- Indians open their homes to Kashmiris after violence
Indians take to social media to offer shelter to Kashmiris after threats are made against them.